Area Rugs Add Warmth and Style to your Home
Adding an area rug to a room is a great way to give that room a fresh look, add warmth and color, and perhaps even “soften” the edges of a room. Area rugs are easy to move from room to room, and they can be put out to create a fresh look any time of the year.
Area rugs are great for defining spaces within larger rooms and can be used to create a sitting area, a play area, or a cozy space in front of a window or fireplace. An area rug can be the foundation of your room’s look or it can add a nice contrast. From modern to traditional, simple to fancy, an area rug will help you make just the right statement and act as a focal point to complete your décor style.
Choose from an assortment of area rugs from modern to traditional:
- Indoor and outdoor area rugs
- Sisal and woven area rugs
- Silk rugs, wool rugs, and wool blend area rugs
- Area rugs with shag or other unique textures (leaves, patterns, flowers, and more)
- Traditional oriental area rugs or handmade rugs from China, India, Nepal and Pakistan
- Brand names known for style and quality from Couristan, to Nourison, to Fabrica, and many more
- Styles ranging from antique-washed looks to traditional or contemporary-chic, elegant or fashionable
Or, make your own area rugs, cut and bound to your specifications:
- Select the carpet style and fiber (wool, silk, nylon and more)
- Specify the exact size (we can help you with this as well)
- Select your border from a range of options
The best thing about area rugs is that they can be custom-made to satisfy the most discriminating tastes.
Area Rugs that Work for Your Home, Your Lifestyle
The flooring of your home should be designed to reflect your style, make a unique statement, and yet still work for you. A well-designed area rug will complement the look of a room or hallway while protecting the floor and keeping feet warm and cozy. Area rugs are also great for stylishly quieting noisy areas of your home.
After you’ve selected your area rugs, be sure that you’re installing them correctly:
- Rug pads protect the rug from slipping under your feet or sliding along the floor.
- Rug pads also protect the flooring beneath to ensure it stays in good condition.
The design experts at Interiors & Textiles can help you select the right area rug for you – one that fits your taste, and your home’s color and style.
Whether you’re building a new home or redesigning an existing one, you want the area rugs to be just right. Call 650.493.1700 for an appointment with one of our designers, and visit our showroom in Palo Alto, California.