Window Shades for Every Style
Establishing the right level of comfort in your home requires you to make the right choices in window treatments. The light, temperature, and ambiance of a room affects how a room is used and how you feel about it. For many homeowners, the right window treatment is a window shade.
Window shades used to come in a limited range of styles, but these days there are many style and design options available to fit any window of your home. For example:
- Roman shades – deliver the look of fine drapery with the ease and convenience of a shade
- Roller shades – excellent light control with a clean and finished look and easy operation
- Pleated shades – a popular, crisp style, that comes in an extensive selection of colors and styles
- Honeycomb shades – the industry’s highest energy efficient shades in a range of fabric types, colors, and shapes
- Woven shades – recognized for their simplicity and elegance, and made of sustainable natural fibers, these shades are uniquely beautiful in design
- Horizontal and vertical shades – ideal for many windows, sliding glass doors, and specialty shapes
Our exclusive range of Hunter Douglas window fashions carries shades in fabric, natural materials (wood, bamboo, reeds, grasses), aluminum and manmade (faux wood, vinyl).
The Top 4 Benefits of Installing Shades
Installing shades in your new home or when renovating an existing home gives your home a number of benefits including:
1 Maximum energy efficiency – improve the energy efficiency of your home by taking advantage of the sun’s warmth in cooler months and blocking out unwanted heat in warmer months.
2 Improved light control – not just to set the tone and ambiance of a room, mastering light control means taking advantage of the available light to enhance the look of your room and improve the ability to see.
3 An excellent edge on privacy – there are places in your home where a little extra privacy from peering eyes is appropriate and installing window shades can give you that edge without completely blocking out the natural light.
4 Superior sun protection – for your flooring, your artwork, your furniture—installing window shades is a great way to get extra sun protection for all the elements of a room.
Whether you’re building a new home or redesigning an existing one, you want the shades on your windows to be just right. Call 650.493.1700 for an appointment with one of our designers, and visit our showroom in Palo Alto, California.